While we are on the subject of Garfield Electronics gear…

I have been trying to get this one going for a little while and i haven’t quite figured it out.  I got it as ‘completely working’ from Ebay and of course its not.  Luckily i have another one that works great to compare it against.  As with most topics i discuss on this blog, it’s impossible to find a manual let alone a service document for these.

Upon receiving this unit i noticed that the triplet triggers weren’t firing but the straight divisions were.  When i opened it up the arpeggio trigger wiring looked completely different from the other unit i have.  So i reconfigured the wires the way i assume they are supposed to be and it didn’t fix the problem.  I also replaced some caps that were leaking and obviously bunk.

At this point i decided maybe one of the chips had failed.  They are all cheap and easy to find so i bought one of each and plan to start at one end and hope to fix it before reaching the other!  These multi pin chips are a pain in the butt to pull so i am socketing the replacements…

More to come…

:::

::: if :::